Comic Artist / Writer / Entrepreneur
Todd McFarlane is a Canadian cartoonist, writer, toy designer and entrepreneur, best known for his work in comic books, such as the fantasy series Spawn.
In the late 1980s and early 1990s, McFarlane became a comic book superstar due to his work on Marvel Comics' Spider-Man franchise. In 1992, he helped form Image Comics, pulling the occult anti-hero character Spawn from his high school portfolio and updating him for the 1990s. Spawn was a popular hero in the 1990s and encouraged a trend in creator-owned comic book properties.
Since leaving inking duties on Spawn with issue #70 (February 1998), McFarlane has illustrated comic books less often, focusing on entrepreneurial efforts, such as McFarlane Toys and Todd McFarlane Entertainment, a film and animation studio. In September, 2006, it was announced that McFarlane will be the Art Director of the newly formed 38 Studios, formerly Green Monster Games, founded by major league baseball pitcher Curt Schilling. McFarlane used to be a co-owner of the National Hockey League's Edmonton Oilers but sold his shares to Daryl Katz. He's also a high-profile collector of history-making baseballs.
Sci-fi Convention Guest Appearances
- Phoenix Fan Fusion 2022 - May 27-29, 2022 in Phoenix, AZ 2020
- FanExpo Vancouver 2020 - February 15-17, 2020 in Vancouver, BC, Canada 2019
- FanExpo Canada 2019 - August 22-25, 2019 in Toronto, ON, Canada
- Fan Expo Boston 2019 - August 16-18, 2019 in Boston, MA 2018
- Phoenix Comic Fest 2018 - May 24-27, 2018 in Phoenix, AZ 2017
- Calgary Expo 2017 - April 27-30, 2017 in Calgary, AB, Canada 2016
- Fan Expo Dallas 2016 - June 3-5, 2016 in Dallas, TX 2015
- Stan Lee's Comikaze Expo 2015 - October 30 - November 1, 2015 in Los Angeles, CA 2014
- Phoenix Comicon 2014 - June 5-8, 2014 in Phoenix, AZ 2013
- FanExpo Canada 2013 - August 22-25, 2013 in Toronto, ON, Canada 2012
- Comikaze Expo 2012 - September 15-16, 2012 in Los Angeles, CA 2011
- Phoenix Comicon 2011 - May 26-29, 2011 in Phoenix, AZ 1998
- Wizard World Chicago 1998 - July 17-19, 1998 in Rosemont, IL
13 confirmed guest appearances
View Todd McFarlane on FanCons.com for 16 additional guest appearances