Writer / Actor
Los Angeles, CA
Wil Wheaton's successful acting career began in 1986 with acclaimed roles in Stand By Me and Toy Soldiers. He continued to build his resume through his teen years as series regular 'Wesley Crusher' on Star Trek: The Next Generation and opposite Robin Williams in Flubber. But Wil is much more than just an actor; he's an author, blogger, voice actor, widely-followed original Twitter user, and a champion of geek culture. Wil currently splits his time between acting and writing. He currently recurs as Doctor Isaac Parrish on SyFy's hit series Eureka, as computer hacker Chaos on TNT's Leverage, and as a "delightfully evil version" of himself on CBS's The Big Bang Theory. He has recently appeared as serial killer 'Floyd Hansen' on Criminal Minds, comic book publisher 'Miles Sklar' on NUMB3RS, as the voice of 'Ted Kord, the Silver Age Blue Beetle', on Batman: The Brave and the Bold, and as Axis of Anarchy leader Fawkes in Felicia Day's smash hit webseries "The Guild."
An avid and passionate gamer, Wil gave the keynote address to the 2007 Penny Arcade Expo, and delivered the inagural keynote address to PAX East in 2010. He has been featured on the long-running Wizards of the Coast Dungeons and Dragons podcast as the Eladrin Avenger Aeofel, and provides voices for numerous videogames, including Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Red Dead Redemption, Brutal Legend, Fallout: New Vegas, and DC Universe Online.
As an author, he's published several acclaimed books, including: Just A Geek, Dancing Barefoot, The Happiest Days of Our Lives, and Memories of the Future Volume 1, a humorous and nostalgic episode guide of the first half of the first season of Star Trek: The Next Generation. All of his books grew out of Wil's immensely popular, award-winning weblog, which he created at WIL WHEATON dot NET and currently maintains at WIL WHEATON dot NET: in Exile. While most celebrities are happy to let publicists design and maintain their websites, Wil took a decidedly different turn when he started blogging in 2001. He designed, coded, and maintained WWdN entirely on his own, until he "blew up" his sites' database in 2005 and moved his blog to the TypePad service. In 2003, Forbes.com readers voted WWdN the "Best Celebrity Weblog." Wil's blog was chosen by C|Net for inclusion in their 100 most influential blogs, and is an "A" lister, according to Blogebrity.com. In the 2002 weblog awards (the bloggies) Wil won every category in which he was nominated, including "Weblog of the Year." In 2007, Wil was nominated for a Lifetime Achievement Bloggie, alongside Internet powerhouses Slashdot and Fark. In the 2008 weblog awards, Wil was voted the "Best Celebrity Blogger," and in 2009 Forbes named him the 14th most influential web celebrity. This is all amusing to Wil, who doesn't think of himself as a celebrity, but is instead, "just this guy, you know?"
Wil can be reached at: wil at wilwheaton dot net.
Sci-fi Convention Guest Appearances
Comic Con Honolulu 2020 - August 7-9, 2020 in Honolulu, HIConvention Cancelled Florida Supercon 2020 - May 8-10, 2020 in Miami Beach, FLConvention Postponed
- GalaxyCon Richmond 2020 - February 28 - March 1, 2020 in Richmond, VA 2019
- Rose City Comic Con 2019 - September 13-15, 2019 in Portland, OR
- Comic Con Honolulu 2019 - August 2-4, 2019 in Honolulu, HI
- GalaxyCon Raleigh 2019 - July 25-28, 2019 in Raleigh, NC
- Star Trek: The Cruise 2019 - January 4-10, 2019 in Departing from Miami, FL 2018
- FanExpo Vancouver 2018 - October 12-14, 2018 in Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Indy PopCon 2018 - June 8-10, 2018 in Indianapolis, IN
- Phoenix Comic Fest 2018 - May 24-27, 2018 in Phoenix, AZ
- Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo 2018 - April 26-29, 2018 in Calgary, AB, Canada 2017
- London Film & Comic Con 2017 - July 28-30, 2017 in London, UK
- Super MegaFest Comic Con 2017 - April 7-9, 2017 in Marlborough, MA 2016
- Destination Star Trek Europe 2016 - October 7-9, 2016 in Birmingham, UK 2014
- MegaCon 2014 - March 21-23, 2014 in Orlando, FL 2013
- Phoenix Comicon 2013 - May 23-26, 2013 in Phoenix, AZ
- MegaCon 2013 - March 15-17, 2013 in Orlando, FL 2012
- Comiccon de Montréal 2012 - September 14-16, 2012 in Montréal, QC, Canada
- Polaris 2012 - July 6-8, 2012 in Richmond Hill, ON, Canada
- Phoenix Comicon 2012 - May 24-27, 2012 in Phoenix, AZ
- Supanova Pop Culture Expo - Gold Coast 2012 - April 20-22, 2012 in Broadbeach, Queensland, Australia
- Supanova Pop Culture Expo - Melbourne 2012 - April 13-15, 2012 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 2011
- Dragon*Con 2011 - September 2-5, 2011 in Atlanta, GA
- Phoenix Comicon 2011 - May 26-29, 2011 in Phoenix, AZ 2010
- Phoenix Comicon 2010 - May 27-30, 2010 in Phoenix, AZ
23 confirmed guest appearances
View Wil Wheaton on FanCons.com for 40 additional guest appearances